Friday Fictioneers: Power

PHOTO PROMPT -Copyright - Jan Wayne Fields

PHOTO PROMPT -Copyright – Jan Wayne Fields

She needs to write now. There isn’t much time. Her father made the wedding arrangement yesterday. She couldn’t believe, he’s given her to a monster like himself.

She won’t be like her mother; suffering, crying all the time, unhappy, and sorry to be alive.
The paper is on the desk.She will write everything to her mother, all the truth about her father.

She hears steps getting closer. She knows it’s him. The door opens; she looks into his eyes and says: “I’ll write everything you’ve done to me”. He looks at her and says “You don’t know how to write”.

This is my second story with 100 words for Rochelle challenge. I love all the feedback I’ve received for my first story. Thanks!

This entry was posted in Writing and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Friday Fictioneers: Power

1. Sandra says:

I hope he’s wrong. And that she has enough time.

2. plaridel says:

i wonder where the mother is. :(

3. Dear Elizabeth,

Doesn’t sound promising for her. I feel the panic rising.

Shalom,

Rochelle

4. How evil… just a simple sentence like that.. and she will get locked up.. that father hers deserve to have sharp quills buried under his fingernails.

Liked by 1 person

5. You did so well making the tension rise with short, curt sentences. Kudos.

6. loisajay says:

He is an evil one, that father. Not a nice man at all. You did good, Elizabeth.

7. Ellespeth says:

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! My imagination has gone wild with this. Great writing!
    Ellespeth

8. Sarah says:

Creepy!! Good story.

9. he’s really kept her imprisoned…. I imagine like so many men do in other parts of the world, even more so than here.

10. shanx says:

Well written though sad. Hope she finds a way out and isn’t unhappy like her mother was.

11. Amy Reese says:

If she has the will, she will write it! I hope she does. It appears as though she has a lot to say. I think he must be trying to scare her, so I hope she stays strong. Nice take, Elizabeth.

12. Elizabeth, Well written. This is full of tension and dread. I hope she avoids the worst. Well done. —Susan

13. So sad to be controlled in this way.

14. rgayer55 says:

Suspenseful and heartbreaking story. I’m keeping my fingers crossed, but the odds certainly aren’t in her favor. Very well written, Elizabeth.

15. Pratik Kirve says:

Ohh… how sad..!! :(
    Great mood creation..!!

I'd love to hear from you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s